As one of the UK’s most loved and trusted furniture brands, we are committed to creating the very best furniture and accessories, expertly crafted to stand the test of time. We seek to ensure our environmental and social impact is considered in every aspect of our business, from our products, to their packaging, to the people who make Bridgman so special.
Sustainability & Charities
MADE TO LAST
- Our collections are designed to be loved and last a lifetime, with the lifespan of our products often measured in decades, an important point when assessing their environmental cost.
- Thanks to our comprehensive, industry-leading product guarantees, you can rest assured that our products will only need to be renewed when absolutely necessary.
- Our Rattan Collections are made using 100% recyclable synthetic HDPE rattan.
- The raw materials used to craft our Resin Collections conform to the REACH European regulation to ensure safety in the production and use of chemical substances with 100% of plastic offcuts and waste recycled.
- The aluminium frames used to craft our Rattan and Outdoor Fabrics Collections are fully recyclable.
- Over the past 2 years, we have reduced our cardboard packaging by over 50%.
- We have cut down on plastic packaging and waste at Head Office, with a target to eliminate all single-use packaging by 2025.
- The plastic packaging used to protect our Waterproof Cushions is 100% recyclable.
- Our catalogues are printed on World Land Trust® paper to help balance more than 200,000 tonnes of CO2 and protect 19,000 acres of threatened habitats. We are committed to moving toward incorporating this paper into more of our marketing and packaging materials.
- Our 2-man delivery service ensures that all packaging is taken back and recycled or reused in partnership with our waste management providers.
- We are committed to incorporating electric vehicles into our delivery fleet alongside other initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint wherever possible by the end of 2023.
- We work with a group of charities and organisations that are near and dear to our hearts to support the communities we operate in.
- Across the last three years, we have donated over £70,000 to the National Trust to support their efforts to help nature recover, bring people closer to it, and ensure our shared history continues to inspire us all.
- For over a decade, we have supported the brilliant work of Greenfingers Charity to help children and their families in hospices around the UK by volunteering and donating furniture for their magical gardens.
- As part of our Building Bridges scheme, we have donated teak benches to Oakland Care care homes to help those suffering from dementia and loneliness by encouraging them to get outside and get closer to nature and their neighbours.
- Our 30-year history at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show has allowed us to support their development of sustainable horticultural research and training, increasing the skills, knowledge and confidence of young people and adults to grow sustainably.
- We continue to contribute to the economic development of countries that we work in, such as Indonesia, by supporting local craftsmen and communities.
- We have taken steps to limit our carbon footprint through the installation of vehicle electric charging points for customers and employees, the encouragement of working from home and carpooling initiatives.
- Our Head Office and Showrooms use LED lighting to reduce emissions and make us more energy efficient.
- We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity, equality and inclusion. We are committed to creating a harmonious and safe working environment free from harassment and bullying, in which every member of our team is treated with respect and dignity. By nurturing personal development and recognising talent, we aim to encourage everyone within our business to reach their full potential.
- Our Wellness at Work scheme is at the forefront of our company ethos. Access to free mental health support, meditation sessions, office social network groups such as LGBTQA+, Parent and Child Support group and Cycling Club as well as weekly employee surveys allow us to continue to create a safe and positive environment for our team.
- We provide free, fresh on-site lunches and fruit in our Head Office to encourage healthy eating habits.
“As part of Bridgman’s dedication to innovation and quality, we are committed to creating a positive impact on our environment and society for future generations. Our social and sustainable responsibilities are considered in everything we do to support and nurture the wellbeing of our environment, team and local community.”
Peter Bridgman & Alex Bridgman